Wednesday 1 October 2014

NEEDFUL THINGS: World Market's Awesome Halloween Shit

WELCOME TO OCTOBER FELLOW HALLOWEEN/HORROR FANS!

My favorite time of year. The smell of pumpkin spice everything fills the air, the HALLOWEEN HORROR MOVIE MARATHON MADNESS begins, and my team is gonna kill it this year!

Can you guess where this doll is from?
If you're not quite up on things, I'm a judge again for the awesome Halloween Horror Movie Marathon game I have been doing for three years now. This year our theme is...


And I'm pretty stoked for it. My team is mostly made up of Pacific Northwesterners, which is kinda neat. We are hoping to meet up at some point and watch some films together, if the stars align just right.

There are so many awesome reasons why October is great, and one in particular is the fact that almost everywhere has horror/Halloween goodies in their stores. It's so beautiful, but makes me cry because I am pretty darn broke this year.

Every year this happens...I never have enough money. But I have eyeballs, and when they fall upon pretty things I wish I could afford to purchase, I masochistically stalk those objects online until I cry in a pool of financial ruin.

I'd love to say, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY," but there are other sources already doing that.
And before that happens...I drink in the glorious beauty of all the awesome things Halloween has to offer. Because no other time of year can you find such awesome things for any happy horror lover. No other time of year is our love for the dark and creepy embraced by mainstream society. I wish all year was like this, but then again, this holiday wouldn't have any magic left if it was.

So speaking of drool-worthy crap you don't need to survive the zombie apocalypse but while you wait, it will entertain you, I found this awesome collection of Frankenstein's Monster and his Bride plates and trays. World Market has all sorts of amazing Halloween-themed things out this time of year, and there are napkins and such that go with the plates. But ultimately, I love the plates the best. 

Now if you know anything about me, you know my husband and I did a couples costume of these two iconic characters a few years back for Halloween. People LOVED our costumes, and we have grown all the more attached to these two characters. For a refresher, here's a picture:



So yeah, I am just lusting over these plates. I think if I could afford to buy them they would be reminders of my marriage. The Bride and Monster are such a beautifully tragic couple. I am a huge fan of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein, and while I know the Bride was an add-on by Universal Studios, I still love them. I would love to see a novel adaptation that is more loyal to the book than we currently have on the market in film, but I can still love and appreciate the charm of the black and white versions.

In summary, these plates are awesome and my husband makes an awesome Monster.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...