Friday 19 October 2012

HHMMM: Day 19

Today's pick makes me wanna paint crazy colors on my skin and run naked in a field. And while I sometimes like the idea of doing that, having that kind of experience while watching something based off of an H.P. Lovecraft story...WTF?

Bitch, you don't tell me what to do, I do what I want!
 Including reading the Neconomicon!
The Dunwich Horror (90 mins/1970)

Kweeny's Rating: I CAN SEE THE MUSIC!

Summary: I should never expect too much from movies made in the 70's. Wooden acting, laughable special effects, and a plot not even resembling anything H.P. Lovecraft had written. It was funny, and I am drawn to campy films like a fly to shit. Wilbur is our main character, and he's particularly creepy while trying to remain likable. He even talks like a robot with socks in his mouth. 

If you want a true Lovecraft experience, you wont get it from this film. Just pick up a book and read. 

Tonight I go to the Fight Town Haunted Houses experience! Wooooooo! So excited! Stay tuned for my post on that! Tomorrow I carve pumpkins and go to a Halloween mystery dinner theatre! This is gonna be one awesome Halloween weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...