Monday 8 October 2012

HHMMM: Day 8


After spending the day doing errands, I finally got a chance to get a couple more movies in. I needed a bit of good cheese to make my day special. Today's movie picks for the marathon are:

The Crow (102 mins/1994)

Kweeny's Rating: 4 out of 5

Summary: One of the most quintessential gothic-Halloween movies ever! At least in my humble opinion. I had a boyfriend one year when I was in my teens dress up as the Crow, because all teenaged goth kids in the 90's did that! It's just what you did to impress your girlfriend! 

It's still a good movie about love, death, loss and revenge. And yeah sure, it's a little OH MY GOTH, but it still brings me warm fusses to watch this time of year.


Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight

Kweeny's Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5

Summary: After watching the horrible Tales From The Crypt movie last week, I needed something a little better. This one is not my favourite of the Tales From The Cypt movies, but it's still a good one. Ritual was such a let down, that when I saw Demon Knights opening with the silly model and Crypt Keeper puppet, I got giddy. Demons coming out of the woodwork, The "Collector" being a charming dick, all the fun cheesy stuff you expect from one of these movies. I love when The Collector flips out on everyone and condemns them! 

What a good way to end the day. Tomorrow I can watch a few more movies. Keep the marathon going strong. I did pretty awesome last week. I hope I can keep that up.



1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you about The Crow! There's certainly a little cringe factor going on, the Nineties! What were we thinking? But The Crow is one of my all time favourite Halloween movies!
    I'm a little ashamed to say I've never seen Tales From the Crypt *hangs head in shame* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...