Tuesday 25 October 2011

Day 25: Kweeny's 15 Favourite Fictional Characters In All Of Horrordom

This post was inspired by the awesome blogger Final Girl, who is doing her Shocktober event currently. It's pretty spiffy, and since I came in late in the game I decided instead of tossing one pick at her for her event, and because I have too many favorites, I'd just make a list of some of my favs for you readers to enjoy! I decided to stop at 15 so I had a limit and wasn't making a list that never ends! There are just too many awesome characters out there. I'd be at this for a long time if I didn't have a limit.Thanks for the inspiration Final Girl! I tip my hat at you and your awesome blog. 

In the spirit of the season, and because long silly titles are fun, I bring you...

KWEENY'S 15 FAVOURITE FICTION CHARACTERS IN ALL OF HORRORDOM

In no particular order:

The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth

Pinhead and his Crew from the Hellraiser series

Ginger from Ginger Snaps

Sweeney Todd and Miss Lovett from Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd

Nathan Wallace from Repo! The Genetic Opera

The Ship from Event Horizon

John Trent from In the Mouth Of Madness

Dr. Heiter from The Human Centipede

Dr. Decker from Nightbreed

Jigsaw from the Saw series

Eli from Let The Right One In

Jack Torrance from The Shining

Ashley Williams from The Evil Dead series

Carrie White from Carrie

The Thing(s) from The Thing

A well done character can really carry a horror movie. Sometimes, they are the only thing good about a movie, like Dr. Heiter in The Human Centipede. To me he was seriously the best part of that film. In the really good movies though a character shines best, giving us something to relate to, or to fear, or to think about. A good actor makes a good character come to life. I tend to love the monsters in the films, be they human, inhuman or hell, even a possessed ship like in Event Horizon. The more interesting a character is, the more it doesn't matter WHAT the character is. In the end, if it stirs something in me that's what makes it great.

What's some of your favorite horror characters gang? 

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree with all of your choices. Especially the Dr from Human Centipede, that guy made my skin crawl as did the Pans Labyrinth Pale man. I've really got to see Nightbreed again, it's been too long and I'd love to see a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! My absolute favourite has to be Ginger from Ginger Snaps. It's probably my favourite not so scary horror. I actually watched Ginger Snaps Back again the other day! Whenever I ask people if they've seen it hardly anybody knows what it is!

    The scene at the beginning when they are creating death scenes is THE best! They're so twisted but so awesome!

    I wish I was their third sister.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on the Thing!

    I'd add Dr. Freudstein from "House by the Cemetery", bu tonly because I'm a big Fulci fan.

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pennywise/ It. Something compelling about the idea of an Elder God sorta-kinda-thing that feeds on human fear. And likes to take the form of a clown. >:oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pale Man, the Ship, Carrie and Eli <3.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...