Thursday 30 April 2015

Kweeny Reviews: WOLFCOP



I'm really pleased to see more werewolf horror movies coming out. With movies like Female Werewolf (which I am dying to get a hold of and see) and the movie I am reviewing today WOLFCOP, more of my furry friends are showing audiences that werewolves are just as interesting as any other classic monster. And this one is Canadian made! Home grown werewolf love! *howls*


Wolfcop is pure cheese though. Not that cheese is bad, I love a good silly horror film like the next guy. And Wolfcop doesn't pull punches. The plot is groan worthy, with a deadbeat cop named Lou Garou (Oh no! Is he possibly going to be transformed into a werewolf? I NEVER SAW IT COMING) ...who gets wrapped up in a case of weird dark rituals that turn him into the beast. Then he gets hunted by this cult of shapeshifters, who need his blood to be immortal. With his friend Willie the gun shop owner, and his partner Tina, they hunt down the cult before the can finish what they started.

Yeah, that is pretty much it. But because of how this movie is filmed, how everyone completely hams it up for the camera, and how silly the effects get at times, I had a great time watching it! The movie was self aware about it's shlock, and I don't mind watching a werewolf cop drink beer and shoot up bad guys! They never once shy away from gore or a silly punchline, which really gave this movie a Troma-esk feel. Lloyd Kaufman would be proud!


And I have to say, this movie has one of the greatest crazy sex scenes ever put on screen! Most of the movie has heavy metal or rap music, but one song stood out from all the rest. The werewolf cop makes love to someone to the tune of Moonlight Desires by Gowan! FUCKING GOWAN! You know you are a Canadian who was raised in the 80's when you recognize Gowan songs! I laughed my ass off watching this scene, so honestly, the movie is worth watching for that alone!

Check out this video of Gowan singing Moonlight Desires to get a feel for what I am talking about:


My heart is all a flutter! Just look at that mullet! /sarcasm 

Gowan man...FUCKING GOWAN IN A HORROR FILM! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY!

Wolfcop is a fun, silly werewolf film that knows just how far to go with the camp. Which in my opinion, is all the way! Never do a campy horror flick half assed. Full ass it, or don't bother!

*howls*

1 comment:

  1. See I did not care for this movie and I'm big into cheese! Something about it was not right. The lovemaking scene did get a giggle out of me tho!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...